Thursday, December 01, 2011

Question of the Week

"Maybe you can help me...I saw where you had at one time the 1973 GGO decanter...I have one of these that I am trying to sell...I am ask the question is it a statue of any particular golfer...I don't golf so I have no idea...do you? And do you by any chance no anyone that would be interested? Thank you. RM"

Dear RM,
As far as I know the 1973 Greater Greensboro Open decanter is not a particular golfer, although I've always thought it looks a lot like Alice Cooper. The black paint around the eyes is pretty bad. They did a much better job painting the faces on the 1979 caddie decanter. Those were actually hand painted in Japan.

These sell a day long on ebay for $15.00. Make sure its empty. You can't sell it with the bourbon in it.
ggoblogger

No comments: