Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sam Snead is Old School, But He Does Not Rap



The ggoblogger lives for "fun facts" about the Greater Greensboro Open so while reading some trivia about Sam Snead at
http://samsneads.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=33&Itemid=55 I was surprised to hear that Snoop Dogg had busted a few rhymes about the eight time champ of the GGO. I raced to my search engine attempting to find these lyrics that I planned to share with my reader(s). I found the same "fun facts" pasted on no less than three other sites-including Wikipedia. It turns out that there is a rapper/producer named Sneed. You know him best for his work U Better Recognize from the album Murder was the Case.
After seeing Snoop in those Chrysler commercials a couple of years ago the ggoblogger thought anything was possible. I can remember joking with Wyndham Championship TD Mark Brazil that he should invite Snoop Dogg to play in the Pro-Am. He paused and said "Have you seen his swing?"

No comments: