Sunday, May 14, 2006

No Solicitation Policy

I posted this photo on 5/9/06 and received the following comment, "Note that the person soliciting Rocco's autograph is an on-duty gallery marshal, and is in violation of the CCG's "No solicitation" policy of our volunteers."

I wanted to thank the person leaving the comment for reading my blog. I also wanted to point out that this photo was taken about an hour after the 2002 Greater Greensboro Chrysler Classic had ended.By the time this photo was taken Rocco had signed his card, received a big check from Chrysler, the Sam Snead Cup and a new car. He had also conducted a dozen interviews with the press and had gone into the Media Tent for an interview with the PGA TOUR.

The folks you see in this line are all volunteers that have waited around for an hour or more to get an autograph from the 2002 Champion. (This by the way is a very common pratice and happens every year.)

I do agree with the importance of the "No Soliciation Policy" and I do believe it should be enforced. Having said that, these volunteers were in fact "off duty" and I can tell you that Rocco seemed very pleased to be signing those autographs for the second time. Thanks for reading the Greater Greensboro Open Blog. Posted by Picasa

No comments: