Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Anonymous Comment Defends Zack

"Zach should be touchy, because the News and Record attributed something to him that he did not say, and the headline in Randy's blog gave that credence.

The (News & Record) put him in an awkward position at the same time he agreed to serve on the golf tournament executive committee. Headlines set a tone for articles and posts.

Zach stepped up to the plate this year for the Jaycees and had an eye opening experience. He proved many doubters and critics wrong. The Jaycees should be proud to see a newcomer come in and take such an ownership role. It means the product they are offering has value to new leaders. "

(I don't want to turn this into a big fat deal. I mentioned in a post that I could have done a better job with my headline. I will be more aware of the impact of headlines in the future. As far as what Zach "really" said, I'd be willing to print his remarks on this blog to clear the air and set the record straight.

As far as my blog giving "credence" to anything, I'll take that as a compliment. Let's remember that the Greater Greensboro Open Blog gets 60 hits a day and the News & Records circulation is well over 200,000. Randy Harris)

No comments: