Saturday, August 23, 2008

I Knew This Would Happen

As you know the ggoblogger recently wrote a book entitled A GGO Thing in which I describe the collectible decanters produced to market the Greater Greensboro Open between the years of 1972-1982. The book has been out for about two weeks now and I have started to have folks contact me, not about receiving a copy of the book, but wanting me to buy their decanters. Let me say for the record, unless you are selling gold-sprayed replicas, the ggoblogger is not buying. Having said that, I will try to help people contact sellers from time to time. The following is an ad created by one of this blog's readers and the ggoblogger is not connected to this individual in any way.

"For those of you who collect "old valuables" then you will want to purchase the following series of GGO bottles which are for sale. The following are available for sale for $20.00 each for a total of $220.00. These will be sold as a series and not individually.

1972 GGO Opening in Greensboro, N./C.
1973 GGO Player Hitting Ball
1974 State N. C. Map
1975 Autograph
1976 Golf Bag
1977 Golf Bag/Club
1978 Golf Shoe
1979 Caddy with Golf Bag
1980 Golf Cart
1981 Golf Ball with Tee
1982 Putting Green

These are available for IMMEDIATE sale. Please contact Ann McGinnis at (336) 601-8077 if interested. This is my cell phone. If there is no answer simply leave a message and I will return the call as soon as possible. These bottles are in Greensboro at my home.

Ann McGinnis"

No comments: