Thursday, August 14, 2008

"So, When Was the Last Time You Wore that Coat?"

Sample of New Green Coat Club logo.
Sample of old Green Coat Club logo

As the ggoblogger was following John Daly's group at the Wednesday Pro-Am, a spectator stopped me and asked a question. "When was the last time you wore that coat?" I had to think for a second, the correct answer was of course "Friday" when the ggoblogger and The Boss Lady attended the Green Coat Club Reception. But I wasn't thinking too fast and that would have been just one more thing to explain so I told him that I had worn it last year.

Green Coaters get questions all the time about our jackets. Most often people asked me when I won The Masters. I tell them "1977" and move on. I think that's funny because I was eleven, but I probably look older than that.

This question seemed a little different and as I started to explain about how I was a past president of the Greensboro Jaycees I stopped and realized that even that had become a dated reference. I quickly moved past that and I figured out that his question was more about the "Greater Greensboro Open" crest on the jacket more than about the coat itself. I said, "Oh, this, we are going to change it."

It is true that the crest is being changed to read simply "Green Coat Club" which makes sense. I never really understood why it had the Greater Greensboro Open on it anyway. I guess that guy thought I had that coat in my closet of the last 31 years. Man, I must look old.

No comments: