Saturday, September 10, 2005

Mark Brazil on the Brad and Britt Show

Chrysler Classic of Greensboro Tournament Director Mark Brazil was a guest on the FM Talk101.1 Brad and Britt show on Friday, Sept. 9th.

Brad said, "Tell us about the restructuring." Mark Brazil replied by saying, "in the best terms it's a merger." He continued by saying that the merger "allows us to hopefully take this tournament to the next level."

Mark went on to say that 2005 Chrysler Classic General Chairman Justin Conrad has been the driving force for the change from within the Greensboro Jaycees.

Brad asked about what he called the "home run" with the success of the Wachovia Championship. Mark admitted that the new struture of the Chrysler Classic is very similar to what has been done at the Wachovia event.

Brad asked when the new board would take control? Mark said that it was a great question and one that no one else had asked. "This is taking place right now," Brazil replied.

Brad also let his listeners know that he and Britt would be doing there show live from the Chrysler Classic of Greensboro on Thursday, Sept. 29th from 6-10am. (Before they do that show someone should let Brad know that Mark Brazil is the Tournament Director of the Chrysler Classic and not the Executive Director. He called him that twice in the interview.)

When asked about the field, Mark told the morning duo about Davis Love III, John Daly and Sergio Garcia. He also said that, the "nicest guy you've ever met", Jason Gore will be playing.

In closing Brad asked if Snoop Dogg would be playing, refering to his appearance in recent Chrylser ads. "I did think about that," Mark was quick to reply, but after seeing Snoop Dogg's swing he decided against it.

To find out more about Brad and Britt go to:
http://www.fmtalk1011.com/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The current leadership of the GGO deserves a ton of credit for this change. Randy, thank you for FINALLY mentioning that.

W.M.

Randy Harris said...

You are welcome. Thank you for reading my blog. It's important to understand that I don't think the current leadership of the Greensboro Jaycees or the CCG really cares about my opinion one way or the other.

I don't think they were holding their breath to see what I was going to say.

As far as "finally mentioning" any credit they deserve, I didn't know they were looking to me for that.

I run a blog that's a scrapbook at best. I like to talk about issues when I feel like I have something to say. I am not judging the Jaycees or the leadership of the CCG. I was a Jaycee for 13 years and I do believe my opinion matters.

(I can also say that there are very few things that I care about more than the Greensboro Jaycees and this tournament.)

I hope you will enjoy this blog and see it as one of many voices from this community.

Again, thank you for reading my blog.

Randy Harris
1996 GGCC VIP Transportation Chairman

Anonymous said...

Maybe my comment was for some of your other posters. It seems like in your blog and others a lot of credit for this new group has been given to anyone but the current Jaycees. I dont think that is right and I thank you for posting something giving this current group some credit.

I will be in my 5th year volunteering for the GGO, and was a longtime spectator before that.

W.M.